The Thompson's Company was launched in 1929 in
Hollister, California. Edward Addis Thompson, owner of the company and
a polymer chemist, developed a product that protected buildings from
exterior water damage. His discovery led to the formulation of Thompson'sŪ
Water SealŪ Clear Multi-Surface Waterproofer, which initially was
used by architectural and construction firms for concrete applications.
Over the next decades, the formula protected
not only commercial structures and highways, but also such diverse projects
as the Parthenon in Greece, wooden roller coasters across the United
States, and the Navy's canvas jackets.
recognizing the fast-growing deck-building trend in the early 1980's,
The Thompson's Company began marketing Thompson's WaterSealŪ Clear
Multi-Surface Waterproofer to homeowners, who made it their number one
choice for protection against water damage.